The PronoKal® Programme is a safe and effective programme whose success relies on a real team effort. You are the most important member of the team and your personal commitment is key to you achieving your target weight and maintaining it. You will be permanently supervised by a doctor and a team of qualified dietitians. Through them you will be able to access all of our scientific research, experience and available resources.
This personalised support also includes help from a psychological adviser, a chef and a personal trainer, who will give you emotional support, handy tips and help in developing your physical activity. These elements are the key to reaching your target weight and maintaining it over time.
Our registered dietitians are further trained by PronoKal® and have a very important role both during and after the PronoKal® Programme:
- They will accompany you through the whole process, and are available to answer any questions
- They advise you on choosing products and on preparing tasty menus
- They remind you of your doctor’s dietary instructions
- They work with you to ensure you are dieting correctly and help to correct any mistakes
- They show you how to introduce small changes (nutrition, physical exercise and a positive attitude) that will help you to adopt habits for a healthy lifestyle
- They monitor your progress for up to 2 years to help you maintain your results in the long term
PronoKal® dietitians will support and advise you free of charge throughout the entire treatment and will continue looking after you during the next two years after you have reached your target weight.
Club PronoKal® has been created to help support you throughout your weight loss journey. When you join, you’ll be given a log-in password – from then on, you’ll be able to access everything the club has to offer. If you are an existing member, click here to access the Club PronoKal® website.
The Club PronoKal® website is so full of content that it’s worth visiting time and time again. For example:
- Café: share your experiences
- Query: a team of dietitians to help you
- Gym: have fun toning up your body
- Chill out: boost your enthusiasm and inspiration about your weight loss
- Cooking workshop: new recipes so you’ll never be bored
- Garden: need words of encouragement? Share them on our tree
1. What is the PronoKal® Programme?
The PronoKal® Programme is a safe and effective medically supervised weight loss programme. The objective is to maintain a patient’s target weight via dietary re-education and the long-term ongoing support of our team of dietitians, psychological adviser, chef and personal trainer.
2. What does the PronoKal® Programme consist of?
In the first stage, The PronoKal® Programme is based on a protein diet, with a supply of high biological-value proteins adapted to the body’s needs. Once you’ve finished this stage, you’ll enter into a series of stages where different foods will be gradually re-introduced until you are re-educated with good dietary habits.
3. What is ketosis?
Ketosis is a natural process in which your body converts fat into energy. The PronoKal® Programme begins the dieting process by reducing the amount of carbohydrates you eat, so the body has to get its energy by using up its fat. It is medically supervised so your PronoKal® doctor can safely move your diet onto the next stage once he or she has decided that ketosis has been happening for long enough to get your diet off to a good start. If unsupervised, ketoacidosis can occur, which is an extreme and uncontrollable form of ketosis.
4. Is there a minimum age for being prescribed the Programme? And a maximum?
Yes. People under 16 years of age cannot take part. This also applies to those aged 65 years and over.
5. I’ve heard that the weight loss will be very quick. How many kilos will I lose in one week?
We cannot say exactly how many kilos you will lose in one week, as the weight loss depends on your metabolism. However, we can assure you that the weight is lost much faster than with other diets.
6. I’ve tried other diets that are low in carbohydrates and I’ve felt very tired.
How will I feel with this Programme?
Ketone bodies produce a psychostimulating effect so you’ll feel well and full of life. In addition to this, the treatment ensures you’re not deficient in important nutrients thanks to the appropriate administration of vitamins, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and other minerals.
7. Is the medical supervision necessary?
Yes. It’s essential for carrying out the treatment. The doctor will set the objectives for your weight loss, assess your metabolic state, rule out possible contraindications and will perform regular checks throughout the entire programme.
8. What advantages does this Programme have which others don’t?
Amongst others, the advantages are: safety, rapid weight loss, the absence of hunger, overall feeling of well-being and a reduced amount of loose skin.
9. What do the PronoKal® sachets contain?
They contain a high biological value of proteins – each sachet contains 15g of protein.
10. What will happen once I’ve finished? Will I regain the weight I’ve lost?
If you’ve gone through all the stages of the diet, and have learned from the dietary re-education in phases 3 to 7, your target weight should remain relatively constant. To assist you in that, our dietitians will monitor and support you for a period of two years, free of charge. However, if once you’ve finished the treatment, you begin to eat an unbalanced diet, you’ll more than likely put the weight back on.
11. Should I take anything else other than PronoKal® sachets?
Your doctor will also prescribe everything you need to avoid deficiencies in your diet, i.e. PronoKal® sachets, appropriate regular foods, sufficient water, as well as the correct supplementation of vitamins, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and other minerals.